Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Myths - Currently

Hey all! I'm super excited to be joining my first linky and what better linky to start up with then Oh'Boy 4th Grade's monthly Currently?  I have 8 more days of school so I've been really busy trying to plan, create, and organize end of the year activities for my cherubs. I also have progress reports to work on, butttttt knowing the procrastinator in me, those will be completed next weekend.  Waiting till the last minute is a reaaaaaally bad habit that I'm aware of, but seriously need to start working on immediately... and by immediately I mean next week ;)  So here is my July Currently:

   

I have the worst double ear infection and I missed days from school this week because of it.  I was totally bummed because A) these bad boys hurt like woah and B) I had SO many fun activities planned for our Greek myth unit that I wanted to be there for!  Double bummer.  We've been studying Greek myths for the past two weeks and my kiddos are having SO much fun acting them out, reading them, and analyzing them.  Yes analyzing them.  It has been the easiest unit for me to teach because they are so incredibly engaged! Have you all heard of the series "Stickman Odyssey: An Epic Doodle" by Christopher  Ford?  If you haven't then check them out on Amazon below.  My third graders are OBSESSED with these comic books.  Think Diary of a Wimpy Kid meets Odysseus, minus the foulness.  These two books have been a hit as well and are full of various myths with appropriate illustrations.  Now that we've been working on myths for the last two weeks, I find that as I introduce new myths, my smarties are telling ME all about these gods, goddesses, and their interactions with humans before we even begin! I love that they are active participants in their learning, they love these myths and don't look at it as work, WIN WIN right?







I'm also working on an activity for this week based on the myth of Icarus that will cover my ELA and Art content for the week.  Are any of you familiar with Matisse's Icarus? We're going to learn how to "paint with scissors" this week just like he did!  I'm hoping that they love it!  I always try to integrate my lessons across the curriculum and this was a perfect fit!

As soon as I reach 10 followers, I'll be emailing my Icarus ELA/Art pack to my first 10 followers as a big thank you for supporting me as I embark on this new blogging journey :)  You have already been so kind and welcoming, so again thank you SO very much!
*Work in progress*

I hope your summers have been relaxing, rocking, and enjoyable so far!  I'm jealous! I can't wait to get my toes in the sand at the beach and get my groove on at concerts rocking out to my favorite bands!

Don't forget to head on over to Oh' Boy 4th Grade to see what everyone else is currently doing this July!

 Light and Love,

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am a new blogger and third grade teacher as well. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maggie! Thank you so much for the well wishes! Same to you! It's nice to know that I'm not the only newbie here, I feel like so many bloggers have been up and established for well over a year! I can't wait to check out your blog to and to exchange ideas with one another! Good luck to you on your blog journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this useful information.

    Need assistance for 123.hp.com/setup printer? We are provide extensive solution for hp printer setup, driver install and wifi setup. Visit us to our website.

    HP Envy 6055e Wifi Setup
    HP Envy Photo 7858 Wifi Setup

    ReplyDelete